The SUMMIT Release and Deployment Management is an ITIL 2011 certified module that is used to maintain the integrity of an organization’s production environment. This is performed during the lifecycle of release packages from planning, building, installing, and testing to deployment. This multi-tenant system is integrated with CMDB and Change Management that facilitate the planning, scheduling and control of changes and updates from a test to a live environment.
The SUMMIT Release Management module supports both functional and hierarchical escalations and integrates related systems in a single record. The IT teams can overcome the challenge of complex Release Management processes, with SUMMIT’s products by using efficient tools to track and record the release information. The system enables planning, analyzing, testing, and executing as per the processes defined by the organization while maintaining the integrity of the current production systems in the live environment.
It helps organizations follow consistent processes for planning, building, installing, testing, and deploying the lifecycle phases of release packages.
Release Management Lifecycle
- It maps Incidents, Problem Records, and Change Records to software products using Configuration Management Database relational data.
- It identifies test plans along with risks and business impact of releases with rollback plans for releases.
- It allows a seamless transition between Service Management and other development processes with an intuitive interface.
- It deploys releases into production faster with existing or fewer resources.
- It improves visibility and insight into project timelines and their progress, preventing unforeseen delays.
- It simplifies audits and compliance issues by enforcing consistency and traceability of changes.
Resource, financial, and other technical requirements, such as hardware and software details can be managed for a Release Record.
- It distinguishes between the different types of releases (Major, Minor, and Emergency).
- It manages documents required for R&D like plans, procedures, technical, and service information.
- It helps the Release Managers to assess the impact of releases.
- It protects the integrity of a live production environment by ensuring that the correct components are released. These components have the ability to create and manage deployment tasks to implement or update new hardware, software, documentation and processes.
- It generates different types of extensive reports for historical records, number of releases, status of releases, and type of releases.
- Custom reports can be created using the Report Builder.
- It captures changes made to the Release Record (RR).
- It provides audit information, such as the user who made the changes, the date and time of the change, and the previous and updated values.
- It supports both functional and hierarchical escalations.
It supports the scheduling of release activities, such as training and delivery.
To learn more about SUMMIT Release and Deployment Management, download our data sheet.